BONK is a 2-4 player team dexterity game. Players roll steel balls down a chute to hit a wooden ball with hopes of knocking the ball into their opponent’s goal. First team to reach 5 points wins the game.
Disclosure: I received a review copy of BONK. All opinions are my own.
BONK is a 2-4 player dexterity game. Players compete against each other in teams of 1 or 2. Players aim and roll the steel balls down a chute with hopes of hitting the wooden ball into their opponent’s goal.
- BONK is designed by David Harvey and published by Competo / Marektoy. The same publisher as KLASK.
- Each game lasts about 10 minutes.
- The recommended age is 8 and up.
- BONK reimplements Rollet (a game also designed by David Harvey).
BONK game contents include:
- 1 BONK board
- 4 Chutes
- 12 steel balls
- 1 wooden ball
- 2 point trackers
- 1 cloth bag for storing the balls
- 1 Rules book
BONK game components are of top notch quality. The chutes are well made. The steel balls have no visible imperfections. The woodworker in me really appreciates the use of wooden joints with no screws.
To set up a game of BONK:
- Place the BONK board on a level surface
- Place each chute in the designated spots on the board
- Place 3 steel balls in each corner of the board
- Place the wooden ball in the center of the board. (There is a small dimple at the board’s midpoint to prevent the ball from rolling away.)
The game occurs in real time for the players. At the start of the round, players quickly aim and roll steel balls down their chutes. A team earns a point when the wooden ball rolls into their opponent’s goal. First team to 5 points wins the games.
BONK plays best with 4 players (two teams of two). The rule book is very clear in pointing this out.
Effective teamwork in critical for winning in BONK. One strategy may be one player on defense while the other is on offense.
BONK is a fun, team dexterity game with 4 players. BONK is a game where the more you play it, the better you get at it and the more you’ll enjoy it. It will take a few plays to get in the rhythm of things and figure out your team dynamic. Once you get there, BONK is a lot of fun.
BONK shines at the 4 player count. I cannot recommend the game for player counts less than 4. The game is too fast paced to effectively protect a goal solo. If you are looking for a game similar to BONK but scales well for 2 players check out KLASK. KLASK is made from the same publisher as BONK.
I think BONK is a good game (for 4 players). On the BGG scale I rate it a 6.5: OK – will play if in the mood.
If I played more 4 player games, I’d bump it up to a 7.
Where to buy
You can purchase BONK at your local Target or via Target’s online store.